Thursday, May 08, 2008

tired of life.

i don't need to be reminded that i'm poor.
not by YOU.

how come i cannot have parents like my friends?

how come i cannot have an easier life?

how come i cannot be rich too?

how come i have a curfew?

how come i don't have pocket money?

how come i have to work?

how come i have to tolerate all these shit?

how come my parents cannot give me the similar freedom and happiness my friends enjoy?

how come i must start to assume responsibilities as an adult before i'm officially even one?

why can't they understand that i'm different from their generation?

why can't they put themselves in our shoes too?

why can't they be like the other parents out there?

why must WE always be the one conforming to their demands?

why must you be such a tyrant?

why can't they see how desperately i want to be different from them?

they have made me want for so much more out of life.
i don't want to be like them.
i will not.


i don't even ask for a single cent from you. asides from my school fees. i earn and pay everything myself. since when have i asked you for money. SINCE FUCKING WHEN?

i never even made you buy anything for me.

if i had the money i would have moved out long ago.

i intend to pay back the school fees to you after i graduate anyway. why are you so mad for?
there was no need to shout.
no need to start reminding us that we're failures.
that we're a burden to you.

when anger turns to upset turns to fatigue.
and the tears can't stop falling.
i want to cry outloud but i can't.
i think im suffering from internal injuries...

have you tried swallowing your sobs so they don't escape your lips?
it hurts.
i can't see clearly...

again, i'm slapped in the face; reminded once more that i'm unlike my friends.
that i cannot enjoy the many carefree pleasures that they do.
that every cent is hard earned and i'm not as rich as i think i am.
im tired.

get me another job. NOW.
so that i can work myself to crazy and earn more money.
so i can hurry up be financially independent.
so i can be free from you.

i must have done something wrong in my past life.
to be born your daughter.

No comments: