Sunday, June 15, 2008

let me be well again.

since friday, i've been pretty much bedridden till today. even as i sit here and type, i still feel bouts of nausea and the faint throbbing of headache.

i managed to withstand much of friday in school. then was to vivocity to chck out my watch, which by then on the bus i was feel seriously ill and wanted to puke anytime. i managed to hold back my vomit, walked around abit before dinner at bakerzinn.

and considering how much i love cheese and mushrooms, i could not understand why the moment the linguini arrived at our table, i felt a wave of nausea rushing up from my stomach all the way to my throat. the smell was unbearable.


i could do nothing but to swallow back as hard as i could.


i didn't eat much. i managed to finish my mushrooms.


nehneh gave me a plastic bag in case i wanted to vomit on the bus. i manged to wait groggily at the bus stop till 143 came and i stumbled towards it.

waves of nausea came periodically during that 45mins ride and i seriously had notions of wanting to alight so that i could vomit out whatever bile there was.
one thing held me back--i really wanted to go home as soon as possible.


so the moment i stumbled off the bus's steps with my palm covering my mouth, i allowed that bile to come all the way out, the pastic bag equipped in one hand.

it was like a dam released. i saw portions of my sweet and sour pork rice i had for lunch pouring out. i saw the pork. i saw the rice. i saw the mushrooms.


after kneeling down at the pavement for a few minutes, i managed to find my way home. there, i knelt at the toilet for a few moments before i two huge waves of nausea hit once more and i vomitted everything else i had in my tummy.

they came so fast i had no time to breathe and i almost choked on my own vomit wtf.
then i ran to lao-sai.


i crawled into the shower because my clothes were stained with bits of vomit and cleaned myself up before dropping dead on the bed.

friday night passed. i know my fever came then, because i could not remember anything. i brain was pounding nonstop. i was perspiring and my PJs were damp with sweat. i was shivering; feeling cold, yet there i was, perspiring buckets.
my head burned. i had dreams. i was delirious. i forgot how the night passed, but it did. saturday came. morning, ma checked in on me but i was still running high fever. she forced me to eat a pill to lower my fever, telling me to cancel all work committments because i was never gonna get near the bus stop without fainting.

late noon came. she forced me awake and to swallow 5 mouthfuls of porridge before another pill and back to bed again. at night, i had to wake up for a quick bath, then into bed again.

sunday, today. i feel much better. nausea is still here. i can't eat much because i still feel like puking every now and then. my headache remains. my limbs are weak and i tremble involuntarily everytime i pick something up.


basically, i feel like shit.

but i've had enough of lying in bed for now. i needa do something else, even if i feel shittier.



let me be well again. there's so much to do when the week starts again.


i wished to become thin, but not this way.


i think i've paled over the weekend.


get well soon, jielin. fight those virus!!!
frankly, i don't even know what i'm down with. food poisoning? stomach flu?


get your immune system up!!!!!

i wanna be healthy again.

No comments: